Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In Pursuit of a Curl Pattern: Hats hats and more hats!


Ki-ki is back!  Hats have been a way for her to cope with her new look  and this post will feature an array of  hats that she's been wearing over the past week.  Here is Ki - ki in her own words:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Until I gain confidence or get used to my 30 day look, I have taken to wearing hats all of the time.  Here are some of my "model shots" in case there are those out there in need of hats too.  (Please excuse the model, the photographer, the background and any random objects.) :)

 
The MJ hat -   I got this hat from a corner Asian store in Detroit!   I love it because it reminds me of Michael Jackson's glove.    Oh, poor Michael.  So exceptionally good and so crazy, SMH.
 
 
Girl Power! -  This is a new hat from Walmart - only $6.96!   I love it!  It says, "I mean business!".   Go Walmart!
 
 
Most Compliments Hat - This old lime green hat from the Target clearance rack never fails to get a compliment from a stranger each time that I wear it.   It does not fail to brighten my day, if I am feeling low or the weather outside is gray.  I love it!


New Summer Hat - Oh no!  This is my new 2013 hat from Target.  It doesn't fit anymore. 
WTH?!?!


New Fall Hat -  This is my new Fall 2013 hat.  It is super cool and full of style.  The best part is that it only cost $6.96 at Walmart!  Yep, Walmart!
 



Old Favorite - I absolutely love this hat and hope that I will have it to wear forever.  It is an old hat from Target clearance rack.  The fit is so comfortable that I forget I am wearing it.   It matches most casual outfits.  Definitely, an oldie but goodie.
 


Winter Hat -  This is my winter hat from Burlington Coat Factory.  I am sure that I did not pay much for it but it is warm, cozy and nice color that matches with mostly anything.  This is as far down as I can get it on with my new boy head.  (May not be able to wear it this winter).
 


Road Trip Hat - Oh, this poor that - I hardly care about it - just toss it on and treat it any kind of way.  I can't remember where I picked this up from.
 
 

Beach Hat -  Oh yeah, Baby!  Take me to the beach.... I love this floppy hat but  only works well at the beach when I don't have to chase the kids.  Maybe this is from Target....


I  hope that I have illustrated that hats are a viable option for those who may be in need.  One doesn't have to spend a lot of money.  Clearance racks are the best places to look.  I recommend  having a min of 2 or 3 that are different from each other but that can be worn with a variety of  outfits
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ki-ki!!! I love the beach hat the most!  The new summer hat look is quite comical!!  Oh and the MJ hat!!! Have Mercy!!! It really does remind you of those gloves! :) Thanks for sharing and bringing us along on your curly journey!  I can't wait to see what's next! 

Remember folks...scour the clearance racks for some good deals!

Personally, scarves and head wraps have been my go to accessory, especially on those bad hair days! 

What do you think about Ki-ki's hats? 


Peace and blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Kiki! I am taken aback by your hat collection. You have one for every event. Because I have so much hair I think I will go with Zahra and try some scarves. Also I have several pulled back do's that work on the bad hair days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree hats don't work well if you have a couple of heads full of hair. :-)

      Zahra, would you be able to post pics of scarves and head wraps?

      Delete
    2. Hi Kenya! Scarves and head wraps will be my next post! Stay tuned!! :)

      Delete
  2. How wonderful, Ki-ki, Thank you for the ideas, and I love your comments. I keep seeing braids under your hats, and it seems to make the hats more flattering. My hair is very short and the hats don't look as good on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my kiki love the hats. I think Im going to try a few hats this winter too. maybe it will help me get through this rough patch. love the looks gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeana, as my hair grows longer and curl pattern emerges, I doubt any of my hats will fit me. You can have them, sister ---- expect my oldie but godie! LOL

      Delete

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!